Ski Snowboard Servicing Tuning Tuition
Would you like to learn how to service, tune and maintain your own Skis and Snowboards ?
There’s less to it than you might first think. Almost any Skiers or Snowboarders can apply a coat of wax, scrape and finish the base to a reasonably good standard.
From simple DIY edge sharpening to advanced base and wax preparation, we want you to get the best performance and return on investment for your Skis and Snowboards as you possibly can – good maintenance is key to this.
We can offer tuition on weekends on Saturday or Sunday in the summer season from May to October.
The cost for the tuition is £50.00 on a one to one basis or £40.00 per person for groups of 2 people in the same session (why not bring a friend ?)
The DIY course is a full morning or afternoon session depending on your requirements or our availability.
So whats covered and included ?
- Basic Ski and Snowboard construction and current manufacturer trends
- Technical terminology
- Edge angle analysis
- Base and side edge sharpening.
- Advanced edge polishing and honing
- Temporary base repairs
- Pre-waxing base preparation
- The waxing process
- Base finishing and polishing
- Use of workshop materials ,tools and waxes
- Supporting tuition PDF notes and images to refer back to
- Either bring your own equipment to work and get a free service or use our own test equipment.
- Anyone who attends a tuition session can then purchase tuning equipment at a 15% discount. If you then continue to buy your wax and tools from us then we’ll give you 10% discount each time you buy.
- Tea and coffee making facilities
Please fill in the form below to request session dates and we will get back to you with availability